(PDF) How United Methodists Study Scripture by Catherine Gunsalus González - HandSpinner

Accueil Forums Discussion générale (PDF) How United Methodists Study Scripture by Catherine Gunsalus González

• Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Audrey Doherty, le il y a 3 années et 5 mois.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Audrey Doherty
    Invité

How United Methodists Study Scripture
    by Catherine Gunsalus González, Ben Witherington III

How United Methodists Study Scripture – Read More

• Release date: April 1, 1999
    • ISBN: 9780687084227 (0687084229)
    • Author: Catherine Gunsalus González, Ben Witherington III
    • Publisher: Abingdon Press
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 128 pages

About The Book

This new series of books challenges United Methodists to engage in life-transforming practices. Each book explains a theme and underscores major emphases within the United Methodist denomination:

* How should I read and study the Bible?

* How should I pray and engage in my devotional life?

* How can I reach out and share my faith?

Each adult study is divided into four sections with suggestions for group discussion, and can be completed in 4 to 8 sessions. No leader’s guide is needed. In the 4 chapters of this book four authors contribute with different emphases to the process of Bible study and interpretation. Catherine Gonzalez’s chapter summarizes the roles of the Bible in the periods of the early church, the early and later Middle Ages, and the Protestant Reformation. The chapter by Ben Witherington concentrates on the Bible in early Methodism, focusing on John Wesley, Francis Asbury and Richard Watson. Dr. Tilson’s chapter addresses issues of contemporary scriptural study and interpretation, emphasizing the significance of historical context. Gayle Carlton Felton’s concluding chapter investigates distinctively United Methodist approaches to and uses of the Bible.

FictionBook How United Methodists Study Scripture by Catherine Gunsalus González buy. EPUB ebook How United Methodists Study Scripture read iPad on Amazon. Online book How United Methodists Study Scripture Catherine Gunsalus González on Powells.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : (PDF) How United Methodists Study Scripture by Catherine Gunsalus González
Vos informations :

Retour en haut ↑